We recommend the following weekly mindfulness practice groups which are in the style of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and accessible to all regardless of spiritual/religious orientation. All of these groups are drop-in. You may contact them ahead for more information and an orientation to what they do or simply drop in. Prior experience with MBSR is helpful.
- Mindfulness Meditation Group - Wednesdays at 10 am - Red Cedar Dharma Hall (1021 N Forest St). Our peer-led meditation group meets every Wednesday from 10 am – 11:30 am at the Red Cedar Dharma Hall in Bellingham. Doors open at 9:45 and everyone is encouraged to arrive and get settled early so we can start and end promptly.
- Our meditative practices are focused on those employed in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): mindfulness meditation, mindful yoga, body scans, loving-kindness meditation. Senior group members take turns leading the meeting.
- Our group is open to new members who have had formal Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness Meditation classes or similar experience. We do collect fees from members to cover the rent: $5 per session or $15 per month.
- NOTE: Before attending, please contact Michael: Email or call (651) 493-4159
- Bellingham Insight Meditation Society – www.bellinghaminsight.org - meditation in the Insight tradition (a simplified version of the Buddhisms of Thailand and Burma) – emphasis on longer sitting periods and community interaction. Meets at Red Cedar Dharma Hall (1021 N Forest St). “BIMS” has monthly orientations for newcomers on the 1st Tuesday of the month 6pm-7pm. Monthly one-day sits, weekend retreats, longer off-site retreats
- Tuesday Evening Practice – Tuesdays 7pm – 9pm. Usually a 45 minute sitting period followed by a program of discussion or lecture.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org or (206)235-3489