Apply for the 2019-21 cohort of the Mindfulness Northwest Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training (MBSR-TT). The program begins September 22, 2019.
For program details and prerequisites please see our MBSR Teacher Training page. Look for fundamental training in teaching mindfulness? You may want to look at the Mindfulness Teacher Training (MTTP) program.
Please note that this is an application, not a registration form. We will be selecting a maximum of 10 participants for this cohort.
Key selection criteria:
* Prior training in leading mindfulness teaching or similar contemplative practices
* Ongoing personal mindfulness meditation practice
* Applicable situation / plan for teaching mindfulness
* Cohort diversity of backgrounds
* Flexible, independent, learner
* Team-oriented, "we first," orientation
The MBSR-TT is a significant commitment of time, energy, and funds. We are excited to be offering this intensive training and encourage you to review all materials before applying.
You are also invited to speak with any of the MBSR-TT Faculty (Karen Schwisow, Tim Burnett, and Richard Johnson), if you have any questions about the program.
The application process includes a brief interview. After receiving your application we will contact you about an in-person or video interview using the Zoom platform.
1) Fill out the application (click Register to begin).
2) Ask a mentor, teacher, or colleague to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com - please ask your reference to help us understand why this teacher training program is a good fit for you at this time. [this step can be waived if you completed our Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP).]
3) Upon receipt of application and letter of recommendation we will contact you to schedule an applicant interview.
4) If you are selected for this year's cohort we will let you know and request that you finalize your enrollment by making a $500 tuition deposit.
Note that we recommend writing your statements in a Word document and copy-pasting them into the application to ensure you don't lose your work as this is a web form and there is no Save feature until you complete the entire application.
Begin the Application