For Kaiser Permanente Healthcare Professionals and Staff:
An ONLINE class teaching the fundamentals of mindfulness and MBSR.
Join us for an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Choosing appropriate mindfulness training techniques in preventative and responsive ways in high stress situations.
- Utilizing appropriate mindfulness practices to mitigate the risk factors for burnout.
- Discussing strategies with peers for a more positive, mindful engagement in work and home situations that have been previously triggered stress response and unhelpful behaviors.
- Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful thought patterns, problem solving, emotional regulation, and meaning-focused coping strategies.
- Demonstrating meaningful change in personal mindfulness, perceived stress, and burnout as shown in standardized measures administered pre- and post-activity.
This Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class was inspired by MBSR and offers a deep taste of mindfulness training in a shorter 4-week period.
This course is open to all Kaiser Permanente WPMG healthcare professionals and administrative staff.
Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is a structured 5-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- a 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness (provided in digital PDF format)
Please see our MBSR page
for full details about the well-researched MBSR class (designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center) upon which this Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class is based.
5 meetings: 4 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class Sessions: 4 Wednesday evenings 6 PM- 8:30 PM, November 28 - December 19.
Extended Session: Saturday, December 15, 9 AM - 1 PM.
Additionally: If you've never taken an online course with us, you'll need to set up your connection with us on Wednesday, November 21, at 6 PM (1 week before the class starts) or on Wednesday, November 28, at 5:30 PM (30 minutes before the class starts). More details will be sent with your registration.
Richard Johnson, PhD, Mindfulness Northwest Senior Instructor. Richard is certified to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts.
Offered Live Online.
We'll use the Zoom video conferencing platform. Find out more about this easy to use software at www.Zoom.us. Broadband internet is required. Details on how to use Zoom will be sent with your registration.
REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
Our other Classes, Workshops and Retreats
See our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.