As of 3/10/20: THIS EVENT CHANGED TO ONLINE. See details below!
A silent day of continuous practice Online.
During this day-long retreat, we will be guided in a sequence of meditation and mindfulness practices including: sitting meditation, the body scan, walking meditation (indoors and out!), gentle mindful yoga, and contemplative practices like the loving-kindness meditation.
The retreat is designed especially for those who have taken Mindfulness Northwest classes. A day to gather, see old friends, and reinvigorate our practice together. Others with teacher-led meditation experience or a background in contemplative practice are invited to join as well. If you are totally new to meditation this day may be a challenge but you're welcome to inquire; and, for some, "jumping in" is a great way to start.
Beth Glosten, MD, Certified Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Northwest Teacher Training Program.
Location: Offered Live Online.
We'll use the Zoom video conferencing platform. Find out more about this easy to use software at www.Zoom.us. Broadband internet is required. Details on how to use Zoom will be sent with your registration. (Please note: If you registered for this Event prior to March 10, we will email you instructions for accessing this class.)
Cost: $65 - $120 Sliding Scale Tuition. Payment plans are also available during registration (four equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
Please Note: Audio/video recordings of our instructors may occasionally be created for certification and training purposes during this program. These recordings will include only our instructors in the photo frame (though they may pick up student voices at some points in the recording) and are for internal use only. REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
Cancellation Policy: For all details about our registration and cancellation policies, please see our Course Registration Policies page.
Additional Course details:
A day of immersion into mindfulness, stress reduction, and body awareness. Formal practices including body scan, mindful yoga, sitting and walking meditation, all practiced together in silence.
Please have available that day:
- Your lunch.
- Layered clothing (including rain gear) as we often do walking meditation outside when possible.
- A blanket for keeping warm during times of stillness or lying down.
- An exercise or yoga mat if you have one.
- A meditation cushion or bench if you prefer.
Please see the MBSR page to review details about the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program. This Day of Mindfulness is based on the MBSR principles and practices. MBSR is a well-researched class designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the Univ. of Massachusetts. It has proven very effective in helping with many stress-related issues.
Notes for King County employees who are taking this course as part of the Balanced You program:
1) King County employees are eligible for free tuition via the King County Balanced You program. To sign-up for this course, please email BalancedYou@kingcounty.gov to request approval before registering on this website.
2) If for any reason a King County employee cannot attend a course they are registered for, please immediately notify KCTraining@kingcounty.gov. Cancellations must be received in writing at least five full business days prior to the start of the class. Registrants who cancel with less than five business days' notice or who fail to attend the class will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee.
Our Other Classes, Workshops, and Retreats
See our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.