A 3-week foray into mindfulness and compassion.
The practice of mindfulness helps us find the calm center in the storm of life. And the practice of compassion helps us warm our hearts and meet the calm and the chaos with more kindness and curiosity. Our 8-week classes go into these two topics in depth. This 3-week class can help you get a feeling for this rewarding work and help you choose your path forward. With three sessions, a manual, support for practice between classes, and a warm classroom community you'll get started in "the practice" in a solid way.
What people are saying...
Expect to learn:
- What mindfulness is and how systematic training in being more present and aware benefits our mental and physical health
- How mindfulness helps us be more aware of perceptions - and misperceptions!
- What meditation is, and what it isn't
- How mindfulness of the body grounds you and increases wise responses to stress
- How compassion works and what distinguishes it from empathy on the one hand, and pity on the other
- How mindfulness and compassion help to reduce burnout and caregiving fatigue
- The difference between formal and informal mindfulness & compassion practices
Expect to leave with:
- A 35 page manual and access to helpful practice recordings
- Daily life tools for pausing and bringing kindness to even the most challenging situations
- New friends and comrades on "the path"
- An understanding of how a meditation teacher and how meditation communities serve to support your growth
We hope you'll join us in this accessible Mindfulness Northwest class designed by our Executive Director Tim Burnett based on his 30 years of meditation experience and teaching hundreds of students mindfulness and compassion.
Instructor: Michael Kelberer, Mindfulness Northwest Instructor
Cost: $115 - $60 Sliding Scale Tuition. We also have special Scholarship Tuition options available for those unable to pay at the low end of the sliding scale.
Payment plans are also available during registration (four equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
Location: Offered Live Online.
We'll use the Zoom video conferencing platform. Find out more about this easy to use software at www.Zoom.us. Broadband internet is required. Details on how to use and connect to this Zoom Online Event will be sent with your registration. (Please note: If you registered for this Event prior to March 19, we will email you instructions for accessing this class.)
REGISTER ONLINE to receive information about how to connect to this Online Zoom Event.
Cancellation Policy: For all details about our registration and cancellation policies, please see our Course Registration Policies page.
Notes for King County employees who are taking this course as part of the Balanced You program:
1) King County employees are eligible for free tuition via the King County Balanced You program. To sign-up for this course, you must use a @kingcounty.gov email address and provide your position at King County.
2) King County employees are limited to participating in one Community Class per quarter.
3) If for any reason a King County employee cannot attend a course they are registered for, please immediately notify Office@mindfulnessnorthwest.com. Cancellations must be received in writing at least five full business days prior to the start of the class. Registrants who cancel with less than five business days' notice or who fail to attend the class will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee by King County.
Our Other Classes, Workshops, and Retreats See our entire Schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.