Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), which offers benefits supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research (much of it with clinician groups). These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the Seattle Service Area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.email@example.com.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Instructor: Richard Johnson, PhD, Mindfulness Northwest Senior Instructor and Trained MSC Teacher qualified to teach MSC by the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
Wednesdays, June 26 - August 21 (skipping August 14):Kaiser Permanente Capitol Hill Campus
Room: CHS-A03/A03-1, near the atrium and the coffee stand.
Saturday, August 3, 9 AM - 4 PM:
Brightwater Environmental Education and Community Center.
Cost: The cost to providers is $150. Payment is authorized via CME funds or personal check. Once registered, contact Trisha Harris to make payment at KPWA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providers may also utilize CME time for this course.
Registration: To reserve your space use the Register button, below.
Our Other Classes, Workshops, and RetreatsSee our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats. Or to sign up for our MBSR 5-day Residential Intensive Training Retreat coming in August click here.